problems with multimedia in kde 3.0.3 on debian unstable

Hi

I am having many problems with installing KDE 3.0.3 multimedia on Debian Unstable. The Debian packages contain a arts binary and a arts1 binary. I am not able to find out which one to use. I have installed the arts 1.0.3 version and the artsbuilder 3.0.3.

Second, when i start noatun player, it crashes in a SIGSEGV. I am not sure i am able to understand why. Is it a known problem?

Third, when i open kmix, I don't see any controls on the screen at all. Its totally empty. I think i must see the voume control etc in the kmix app window.

Any comments would really help.
Thanx
Mukund