Re: 178 days and counting

David Pashley <david@davidpashley.com> writes:

> On Friday 27 September 2002 2:48 pm, Brad Felmey wrote:
>> Since KDE 3.0 was released, and still nothing in sid.
>
> Well you could join #debian-kde on irc.freenode.org, check out KDE from CVS
> and fix problems. Whie you're at it you could sort out a correct transition
> to GCC 3.2 in sid without breaking updates including from woody

That's likely the problem that I encountered.  I did a fresh woody
installation.  I then wanted kde3.0 and added a feed that contained it.  It
required libraries found only in woody/unstable (not even in available from
woody/testing) so I added unstable to my sources.list, selected kde3.0 with
dselect, and about four hours later, 350 new packages were installed or
upgraded.  kde3.0 worked great but lots of other things broke.  Many apps that
previously worked (e.g. "sshd" and "dig") gave "Illegal instruction" after the
upgrade.

I've now reinstalled woody/stable and have only stable in sources.list.  I'd
love to install kde3.x if someone can point me to a .deb that will install it
on standard woody/stable.  Anyone?

Thanks,

Derrell