Re: Anti-aliased fonts just broke - how do I fix?

On Monday 23 September 2002 18:52, you wrote:
> > How about defoma-doc?
> >
> > ds02[0] ~ # apt-cache search defoma
> > defoma - Debian Font Manager -- automatic font configuration
> > framework. defoma-doc - Documents of Debian Font Manager
> > dfontmgr - GUI frontend for defoma, DEbian FOnt MAnager.
> > psfontmgr - PostScript font manager -- part of Defoma, Debian Font
> > Manager. x-ttcidfont-conf - Configure TrueType and CID fonts for X.
> >
> > And after defoma stuff is installed man -k
> >
> > ds02[0] ~ # man -k defoma
> > Defoma::Common (3pm) - Defoma module providing miscellaneous
> > functions. Defoma::Font (3pm)   - Defoma module to handle font and
> > font-cache. Defoma::Id (3pm)     - Defoma module to handle Id
> > cache.
> > Defoma::Subst (3pm)  - Defoma module to handle Subst cache/rule.
> > defoma (1)           - Debian Font Manager, provides automatic font
> > configuration framework. defoma-app (1)       - configure a
> > specific application about fonts registered in Debian Font Manager.
> > defoma-font (1)      - register/unregister font(s) to Debian Font
> > Manager defoma-hints (1)     - generate font hints.
> > defoma-id (1)        - Manage id-cache of Debian Font Manager
> > defoma-psfont-installer (1) - register fonts installed in a
> > PostScript printer. defoma-reconfigure (1) - Reconfigure all from
> > zero.
> > defoma-subst (1)     - Modify a rulefile of Defoma font
> > substitution system. dh_installdefoma (1) - install a defoma
> > related scripts
>
> I have defoma-doc and I think I have read most of the documentation
> you point out, but I haven't found much user information.  Nothing
> about configuring XFree86 together with defoma, for example.

There's not much todo to configure Xfree865 and defoma.  When
installing x-ttcidfont-conf  you should have seen the following message
(at least it was displayed to me ;)

ds10[0] /var/lib/dpkg/info # head -11 x-ttcidfont-conf.templates
Template: x-ttcidfont-conf/font_path_change2
Type: note
 TrueType and CID font paths which defoma manages are changed again. It now
 becomes:
 .
   FontPath "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/CID"
   FontPath "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType"
 .
 Please edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, /etc/X11/fs/config and/or
 /etc/X11/fs-xtt/config.

Try
	dpkg-reconfigure x-ttcidfont-conf

There nothing more to do for the xfree86 and defoma.

The subject suggests that you're interested in AA.  In this case
FontPath and/or Fontserver settings XF86Config do not matter.

Search for 'dir' directives in /etc/X11/XftConfig and make sure the
ther are dir entires with the  2 'defoma-dir' listet above.  Check
with xdpyinfo that the RENDER extention is loaded.

Hope that helps,
Achim

                                      -- reddy@lion.austin.ibm.com