Re: OpenOffice in KMenu??

On Sat, Sep 21, 2002 at 12:14:20AM -0500, Tim Wheeler wrote:

> > ====[ On Friday 20 September 2002 11:53 pm, Bruce wrote: ]====
> > Looking around a bit more, I found here is an entry under "K --> Editors
> > --> Debian --> Openoffice.org Writer". No icon. I ran "update-menus", which
> > churned over a bit, but nothing else there.
> >
> > I guess I am not sure what integration there is supposed to be; I assumed
> > an "openoffice.org" menu entry somewhere ("Office"??). Should there be
> > openoffice icons?? File associations??
> >
> > Currently, all OpenOffice.org files clicked on from Konqueror will open
> > with ark (as, of course, they are zip files)
> >
> > I am just curious as to whether this is a problem with my system, or if
> > this is just the current state of these debs.
> >
> > B.
>
> I have both an OpenOffice.org menu and the individual components are
> sprinkled about the menu (like writer in editors).  I would think the the
> folks on debian-openoffice would know the answer to your question.

Sounds like an old version of the packages.

openoffice.org (1.0.1-1) experimental; urgency=low
[...]
  * Bring back global desktop integration without cluttering the home directory
    thanks to Gwenole's method of editing instdb.ins after setup
  * KDE desktop interation is tested, Gnome not yet.
[...]

Do you have at least this version?

These files provide the KDE menus:

$ dpkg -L openoffice.org | grep applnk
/usr/share/applnk
/usr/share/applnk/OpenOffice.org 1.0.1
/usr/share/applnk/OpenOffice.org 1.0.1/mathdoc.desktop
/usr/share/applnk/OpenOffice.org 1.0.1/presentation.desktop
[...]

Chris