Re: To CVS experts

On the last episode (Saturday 21 September 2002 12:37), Alan Chandler
wrote:
> On Saturday 21 September 2002 11:05 am, Paolo Ulivi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am setting up a CVS tree on my PC based on the CVS at kde.org, to
> > track down visually any changes in KDE_3_0_BRANCH with ViewCVS 0.9.2.
>
> I may be wrong here, but I would have thought it impossible
>
> The issue is that remote access gets you the files, but not the history
> - what you need is direct access (file) to the repository
>
> Why don't you just go directly to the public viewCVS
>
> http://webcvs.kde.org/
Sorry, I explain better:  I am already working on the cvs sources for my
Woody box, I just want to import them in my local repository in the same
form as they are at kde.org so I can browse in the code as from a mirror.
Surely, I will lose history, but I am using a modem here, so I am trying
to reduce bandwidth usage as much as possible.

I would like to create a tag named KDE_3_0_3_RELEASE importing the
original code and having it under the menu "-Non-branch tags-", then
create a branch from that called KDE_3_0_BRANCH under the menu
"-Branches-" and continue the import and the work from there.

It's probably a stupid thing, and the kind of message that will never
receive any feedback from this list, but I decided to try anyway.

-paolo

--
If Linux is not Unix then Windows are not Gates
                         Anonymous, XXI Century