X resources and kde-3.0

       Hi all,
       When I first use kde (2.1) I have notice that all my X resource
setting have no effect (unlike under an ordinary window manager and also
under gnome). Fortunately, after some intensive search I found that
there is a checkbox in the control center under the menu style which
sask whether kde should apply their fint and color to non kde
application. Uncheck this option I can get my X resource setting back
provided that I change the kde startup script to call xrdb to load
all the file in /etc/X11/Xresources. This is not simple but I have to
do only once and I were satisfiied that all my non kde X client behave
exactly as I want.
	Now, after upgrading to kde3.0, I have agaion lose all my X
resources setting, even that the file .kde/share/config/kdeglobal
still contain the line

[X11]
use resources manager=false

legacy of kde2. Also, on the menu style of the control center, there
is no longer mention about non kde applications.

I cannot admit kde-3.0 to pretend smarter than me and take over all my
X setting. All my X clients: emacs, Xemacs, nedit, xfig, xterm,
xmbrowser, ... now have an ugly look and have tiny fonts.

I am subscribing to this list specially to get help on this matter. I
would like to know:

- Is it a problem specicially to kde-3.0 of debian or a problem of
kde-3.0

- If it is general to kde-3.0, is it a an oversight (a bug) or a new
policy of kde to force users to abandon non kde X clients (in which
case I would choose to retain my X clients rather than kde).

Thank your any info on this matter.

--
PHAM Dinh Tuan Antoine                 | e-mail: Dinh-Tuan.Pham@imag.fr
Laboratoire de Modelisation et Calcul  | Tel: +33 4 76 51 44 23