Re: KDE debs building

On Monday 16 September 2002 17:00, you wrote:
> Ralf Nolden wrote:
> > On Monday 16 September 2002 15:08, peter rockai wrote:
> >
> > Fine, that would help. I've unstable here, so we would have two builds
> > for debian, which is what everyone needs. My builds include having XFree
> > 4.2.1 installed, if that is a requirement for the linking I guess, we
> > should note that these packages only work with XFree 4.2.1. I would even
> > go as far as mirroring the XFree 4.2.1 packages on ftp.kde.org :-)
>
> They will depend on them, I'd guess (dh_shlibdeps). Btw., is it possible
> to apt-get from ftp.kde.org? I build full apt-get repo (only missing
> release file atm). Then it would be as easy as adding ftp.kde.org into
> your sources list and apt-get update/install/upgrade. Don't know about
> the breakage when packages get renamed (as with arts last week :).
That would be fine. We would need someone to set up the apt-get system on
ftp.kde.org for us.

Dirk, Daniel, how is the status with the ftp server ? Can we get access to
that ?

> I messed a bit with Xft2 but i'll clean up my system to build correct
> woody debs. I'll improve automation of my build system, so it will work
> alone as far as possible. Most problems with cvs are from compile
> breakage :(.
That's the part that I would like to do; keep up constantly compiling here,
too. You can't avoid breakage one over the other day sometimes, especially on
weekends; just that the debian dirs are updated ASAP after developers did
changes (I build kde from cvs anyway so I would keep that up)

> Atm i don't build all the stuff (i don't have always time to fix
> problems in packages like kdepim or kdeaddons). But i can provide at
> least qt-copy, kdelibs, kdebase and koffice weekly. Kdemultimedia breaks
> because of old xine atm (so i'm forced to use ogg123 instead of noatun
kdemultimedia works for me. I have noatun there :-)

> :). I'll have to build xine-lib-cvs package, too, as i see it :).
I used the unstable packages.

> ftp.kde.org will end up as experimental addon for debian ;).
Yes, that is the goal here.

> I cvsup every weekend, so i could upload on monday afternoon. I really
> hope that it will be possible. But i'll need to drop them somewhere, so
> if you could provide me with ftp address and login/pass, i would be
> glad.
Yes, we'll do that; even if I would offer my box with an account for you and I
would collect everything here and put the packages back on ftp if Daniel and
Dirk won't be willing to give away too many password accounts. Builts should
be done tuesdays/wednesdays after a cvsup because weekend updates tend to be
having problems with compilation until monday afternoon/tuesday morning GMT

 Btw., is there someone on the server who could untar if i uploaded
> one huge tarball? I'll try to get automated upload of multiple files
> working at school, but i can't promise anything :(.
Dunno. Maybe Dirk or Daniel know more about that.

Ralf

- --
Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org