Re: kde 3.* in sid will it ever happen?

On Friday 13 September 2002 18:58, Nathan Waddell wrote:
>  IMNSHO, the RedHat Package Manager is far less powerful and flexible than
> Debian's dpkg. Forcing users to go searching for RPM's that may or may not
> have that dependency you need to compile/run an important program is
> idiocy.

IMELHO (In My Even Less Humble Opinion) this has nothing to do with dpkg vs.
rpm but rather with apt vs. non-apt. Redhat doesn't support Apt (because they
sell a service that does the same?). Debian does (duh). There is apt for rpm
too, see Connectiva (and it also works with Mandrake afaik).

--
Frank Van Damme
homepage:       www.student.kuleuven.ac.be/~m9917684