RE: kde 3.* in sid will it ever happen?

Though I wouldn't know from experience, by most accounts I've heard KDE
3.x has several advantages over KDE 2.x, speed and stability being two. Of
course, the improved eye candy doesn't hurt either (so much for speed!
LOL).

You raise some good points. I am quite productive in KDE 2.2.2, but many
of the applications I am using have moved to KDE 3.x, and as such I don't
get bug fixes and/or new features since KDE 3 isn't yet in sid.

I am definitely a non-geek end-user type, with a strong ethical commitment
to Free software, which is why I turned to Debian in the first place. I
would love to run LibraNet, but they seem to want to not have users, since
they don't allow downloads of their latest versions. This seems contrary
to the spirit of the GPL to me (though it is apparently within the 'letter
of the law') :-(

I agree that I don't relish going back to RedHat, but it looks to me that
RH8 may have what I need as an end-user type. But I would certainly miss
apt-get.

Jim

David Pastern Spoke Thusly:

--