Problems with KDE

Hi.

I have KDE 2.2.2 on my computer and (nearly) everything works just fine.

Eccept for 2 things:

1) I can click on the DVD icon, it mounts and tries to start konqueror, but
konqueror does not open!

2) Using konqueror for webbrowsing, it often uses too small fontswhich I
cannot change!

I found out:
In Control Center/Country & Language I cannot
enter a charset, the line is always empty.
I also can't do this in konqueror.
These functions 1) click icon 2) use the right size for Fonts and the line in
charset do work, using another user.
But as my computer is used as a one-person-pc I have a very nice
userenvironment and it would take very long to put everything into the
another profile. If I would just copy every file I think I would also copy
the errors which occur.
I think the problem can be solved by changing something in
/home/user/.kde, but I don't know that much about KDE to know what to do.
Has anyone an idea?

Thank you very much and regards
Markus