Problems with kdm, and building kdebase from KDE_3_0_BRANCH

Hi there,
I am not on this list, so can you please CC me in any replies.

I am having problems with the kdm init script in KDE_3_0_BRANCH

1) kdm starts, and I get the login screen, but no matter what session
	I try and start, the X server dies, and kdm respawns when I try to
	log in.
	(I can use startx to get into a kde3 session)

2) /var/run/kdm.pid is not written , so I cannot stop kdm with
	/etc/init.d/kdm stop
	I looked at the init script and it looks fine, this gets executed:
	 start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --pidfile /var/run/kdm.pid \
	 --exec /usr/bin/kdm --

3) The debian directories in cvs only reflect the 3.0.2 release, if
   that causes any problems (Were there any big changes between 3.0.2
   and 3.0.3 interface wise (EG: required options/configs for kdm)?

	All I did to fix this was add an entry to debian/changelog raising the verson
	to 3.0.3+cvs-1.

I am also having problems building kdebase on powerpc and I had to
hack out all references to nsplugins as this does not get built.
(I removed the konqueror-nsplugins entry from debian/control and all
dependencies on it, and I also removed the kdebase-dev.install entry
for libnsplugin.so)

Some info about my system:

$ g++ --version
2.95.4
$ uname -a
Linux ciderbox 2.4.19-ben0-xfs #1 Thu Aug 15 22:05:35 CDT 2002 ppc
unknown unknown GNU/Linux

I am running a semi uptodate sid system on powerpc architecture.

If you need current versions of any other software, please let me know.

--
David Stanaway : david@stanaway.net