Re: Kbear crashes in KDE3.1beta on Debian unstable

fredagen den 6 september 2002 08.05 skrev Nathan Waddell:

> Karolina,
>  I downloaded this deb and kbear loads fine now. So this issue is fixed ;)
> Just so you know, dpkg believes that I was DOWNGRADING kbear:
>
> nwaddell@taelon:~/src/debs$ sudo dpkg -i kbear_2.0beta2.kde31-1_i386.deb
> dpkg - warning: downgrading kbear from 2.0-beta2-1 to 2.0beta2.kde31-1.

I didn't have the debian files for 2.0-beta2-1.

I have a kind of feeling that the problem with kbear might be a possible
problem for every package built separately for kde 3.0, when kde 3.1 is
coming. Maybe the officiall kde 3.1 packager is solving that problem somehow?

I am not sure exactly how to build the beta so that all packages that depend
on older versions of kde will be automatically rejected, at the same time as
packages built with kde 3.1- beta should be compatible with the future kde
3.1 official packages. If anyone have an idea, I would be grateful, since I
will rebuild for kde 3.1-beta2 when it is official.

-- Karolina