Re: kde programs and environment

On Thursday 05 September 07:42, Dirk Gajewski wrote:
> How do I forward environment variables to kde program?
> I am using ktexmaker2 and it does not see my TEXINPUTS
> environment variable when I click a TeX file. When I start
> ktexmaker2 from a shell it is fine but then I have to use the
> open button to get to the file. Direct clicking is more convenient.
>
> Any ideas?
> Dirk

I wondered about that myself, as I needed to set MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME so I
could use browser links in programs.  (self compiled mozilla, - its
fine in the official deb)
I'm not sure of the conventional way to do it (~/.bashrc and
/etc/profile didn't work) but I eventually put it in the startkde
script and it works fine like that.

all the best,
Robert_L