German language support for kde 2.0 was: <no subject>

Am Sonntag, 1. September 2002 09:40 schrieb Oliver Tacke:
> Hi!
>
> [...] I found a
> note in the help-manual that other languages than C (default) may
> not hav been installed by default. How can I now install the
> German locale files for KDE2? I hope I'm on the correct list for
> that.

Hi Oliver,

Try apt-get install kde-i18n-de
gerhard@debian:~$ apt-cache search german kde | grep i18n
kde-i18n-de - German i18n files for KDE
gerhard@debian:~$ apt-cache show kde-i18n-de
Package: kde-i18n-de
[...]
 This package contains the German i18n files for all KDE core
 applications.
apt-get install localeconf and dpkg-reconfigure localeconf could be
also helpful to set the language environment.
gerhard@debian:~$ apt-cache search locale | grep conf
localeconf - debconf interface to locale configuration

It might be helpful to read man apt, man dpkg-reconfigure, and man locale.
Try also apt-get install gkdebconf

There is also a debian-user-german list.

I hope that helps

gerhard

--
http://dugfaq.sylence.net/ debian-user-german faq