Re: kpackage 3.0.3 problem and solution

On Wednesday 28 August 2002 10:56, kosh@aesaeion.com wrote:
> When I start kpackage from kde 3.0.3 it complains about my not having
> libdb.so.2. I did some searching and found that I needed libdb1-compat.
> It would be good if kpackage could be built so it did not need this
> library or if it could depend on libdb1-compat.

well, not so much of a solution for me... (using unstable)
i had the same error :

$ su -c kpackage
Password:
kpackage: error while loading shared libraries: libdb.so.2: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

installed libdb1-compat, and now i get :

$ su -c kpackage
Password:
kpackage: error while loading shared libraries: librpmbuild-4.0.3.so: cannot

librpmbuild-4.0.3.so is a part of librpm4, and guess what ? :

# dpkg -l |grep librpm
ii  librpm4        4.0.4-10       RPM shared library

idea's ?

tal.

--
Amir Tal