Re: How to install KDE 3.0?

On Tuesday 20 August 2002 21:50, Julien Louis wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm sorry for this stupid question but I don't know how to install KDE 3
> on my system. The last time I would install it, I lost all my window
> managers, and KDM wouldn't start. Must I purge and remove all my KDE
> 2.2.2 packages?
> Thanks

no you dont.
add to your /etc/apt/sources.list :
deb http://kde3.geniussystems.net/debian ./

run apt-get update and then apt-get -s upgrade. you will see whats gonna be
upgraded.

after that you can run apt-get upgrade to upgrade to the new kde.
i am suggesting you to do this from init 3 (not from X, while kde is running)

--
Amir Tal