HELP! DCOP communication error!

Just upgraded to KDE 3.0.2, and had it working, but after som more
updates it now crashes at startup with this message:

DCOPServer up and running.
/usr/bin/startkde: line 131:  2266 Segmentation fault      kwin
/usr/bin/startkde: line 131:  2267 Segmentation fault      kpersonalizer
--before-session
_KDE_IceTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.ICE-unix should be set to root
DCOPServer up and running.
DCOP aborting call from 'anonymous-2282' to 'kded'
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!
DCOP aborting call from 'anonymous-2286' to 'knotify'
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!
kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit: sending SIGHUP to children.
KLauncher: Exiting on signal 1
kdeinit: sending SIGTERM to children.
kdeinit: Exit.

This is really bad. I've tried anything I found on the net including
reinstalling everything that might be related, but nothing helps. I'm
running unstable/testing, and also tried upgrading to KDE 3.0.3, but the
result is exactly the same.

Does anybody have any clues about whats causing this error?

Or is there a painless way to downgrade to KDE 2.2.2?

.gif