Re: libpng conflict

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 09:33:56AM -0400, John Bazik wrote:
> > For the moment, until all this gets straightened out, I guess you could
>
> Is someone working to straighten it out?  I couldn't find any discussion
> of it.  The only fixes I've heard suggested are for the upstream author to
> rename libpng so parallel installs are possible, or to get both desktops
> to use the same version.  But it doesn't sound like either one of these
> is happening.  I'm missing that warm fuzzy "help is on the way" feeling...

You must not read -devel then...  There has been no shortage of discussion
on that list about the problem and (disturbingly enough) there seems to be
some progress toward a resolution even!

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>              glDisable (DX8_CRAP);

C'mon! political protest! sheesh. Where's that anarchist spirit? ;-)
        -- Decklin Foster