Re: KDE3 and KDE2 side by side

> Multiple versions of KDE can not be installed into the same hierarchy
> and this is not a limitation of Debian, it is a limitation of how KDE
> works.

Could you please post more information on this ?

I see kdeinit and dcopserver version conflict, but I believe it is not too
hard to fix (e.g. in Debian patches), and the fix will be transparent for
users.

Possibly, KDEDIR setting may cause some problems ... but KDEDIR handling is
located in a single place in kdecore, so this is easy to solve.

I fail to see any other problems. Could you point to those ?