Re: KOffice 1.2-beta2 packages uploaded

On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 03:16:15PM +1000, Ben Burton wrote:
> Let me know if there are any problems.

Thanks for that Ben, seem to be running well here, just a wishlist thing.

You might like to include 'Suggests: wordnet' for koffice-libs.
Kthesaurus and thus kword are designed to provide extra functionality
if wordnet is available.

I also have an unrelated problem with kerning when I print either to
a printer or output to a ps/pdf file. In that I don't get consisent spacing
between words, and it appears that some words are joined together in
the printed copy, while they defintly have spaces when I enter them.
This is as displayed in print-preview and the final product. This is with
something as simple as 'The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog' in
Times font.

I had the same problem with the previous versions of kword as well I
have found a issue on kde.org about PDF printing not being too high
quality, but woudln't of thought it would effect PS output as well.

I have tried using CUPS/ lpd and had no joy getting a quality output.
Examples are available at http://purcell.homeip.net/~msp/kword/

Mark