Re: 3.02 woody upgrade: kdelibs-data should conflict/provide kdelibs4-data

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 08:25:37PM +0200, Michael Müller wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 June 2002 18:46, Achim Bohnet wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tried to update woody + kde 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 from geniussystems.
> > (purge 3.0.1 and install 3.0.2 is boring ;)
> >
> > After required(?) installation of libqt3-mt and libarts1-glib from sid an
> >
> > 	apt-get install kdelibs
> >
> > gave lots of file conflicts between kdelibs-data (3.02) and kdelibs4-data
> > (3.01) /etc/kde3/system.kdeglobals
> > 	          colors/40 Colors
> > 	                 Web
> > 	                 Royal
> >
> > AFAIU this can be fixed if kdelibs-data (3.0.2) does provide/conflict
> > with kdelibs4-data (3.01), right?
> >
> > Achim
> Hi Achim,
>
> (How) did you solve the problem?
> (I have the same Problem)

Next day I found that it's possible to (I'm not sure if
dependencies should allow it ;)

	dpkg --purge kdelibs4-data

Then
	apt-get -f install

to make apt happy again.   Rest was easy:

	apt-get dist-upgrade	# so I get also the new req. pkgs

Now the all 3.0.2 debs were installed but kcontrolcenter and kpilot.
Both required a pkg from unstable.  AFAIR

	freetype6
	libpsock5

After both were installed kcontrolcenter and kpilot installed
without problem.

I was a little bit worried because freetype changelog mentions
binary incompatible changes but at least for me things still
work.

Achim