Re: Problems with kicker & /tmp

On Friday 28 June 2002 09:25 am, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> Le Vendredi 28 Juin 2002 15:35, Robert a écrit :
> > After logging out of kde...
> >
> > 2. Yesterday and today, I experienced the same problem, but instead
> > of doing #1, I removed the contents of /tmp/ (which had some
> > kde-related files owned by me). Kicker started up immediately upon
> > logging back in.
> >
> > My main concern is that it seems that kde doesn't always clean out
> > it's /tmp files when I log out, and so after a few days, I get this
> > problem with kicker.
> >

> I already had a problem concerning the KDE files in the /tmp directory.
> I filled the bug #143339. Maybe it is the same problem ?
>
> Aurelien

Actually, from what I can tell, I've got the exact OPPOSITE problem...

>From the bug report:
"...and if the tmp directory is erased (for example on startup), it
becomes a dead link. This causes some errors..."

While with my situation, if I _do_ run "rm /tmp/*" and then log in to kde
it _solves_ my problem.

Do you think that the problem is in kdelibs?  I'd really like to submit
the bug to the right place, but am not sure what package is/should be
responsible for cleaning out the tmp space at log out time.