Re: kdms default path 'wrong' (WAS: KDE 3 packaging - bug thread)

On Tuesday 11 June 2002 11:49, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 10:00:47AM +0200, Achim Bohnet wrote:
> > As long as there's no general debian wide solution to  'login scripts
> > not sourced'.
> >
> i created /etc/X11/Xsession.d/98ossi_envsetup containing
>
> . /etc/profile
> test $HOME/.profile && . $HOME/.profile
>
> the problem is, that this can be used to undermine the options from
> Xsession.options. i'm not sure if a simple solution exists at all.

There's also the 'trick' that if argv[0] starts with '-' the shell starts
as a login shell, e.g,

ds10(0) ~ > sh
ds10(0) ~ > echo $dideldum

ds10(0) ~ > grep didel ~/.bash_profile
export dideldum=yeah
ds10(0) ~ > cat bin/ttt
#!/bin/sh
echo "$dideldum"
ds10(0) ~ > exec -a -/bin/bash /bin/bash ttt
yeah
ds10(0) ~ >

Therefore IMHO where the script kde3 gnome are exec'ed the '-' trick
should be used (maybe inside a test so startx does not source the login
environment again.

But independent of that ' would be good to see kdmrc use the debian default
paths for UserPath and SystemPath.

Achim
                                      -- reddy@lion.austin.ibm.com