Fwd: Re: Print to postscript question

Subject: Re: Print to postscript question
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 16:00:10 -0500
From: Alaric Ravenhall <ravenhall@kracked.com>
To: "Nikita V. Youshchenko" <yoush@cs.msu.su>

So, can we adjust the sizes of paper so that KDE is more 'aware' of where
 the pages cut off? IMHO the only real downside to KDE right now is
 postscript printing problems. I print a lot of postscript diagrams /
 documents, and it's disappointing how they get 'cut up' because KDE
 doesn't appear to know how large the page is.
 Also, printing from Kate is disappointing also, because I use large
 fonts and high resolution on my 21" monitor. Kate prints out the large
 fonts - there's no way for me to print it smaller without changing
 general font size in kde. It also truncates lines to around 80
 characters, and does not word wrap (unless I word wrap it manually at 80
 characters). I'd really like to see more sophisticated printing support.
 I realize some of these are probably CUPS issues, but I think our great
 KDE devel team can come up with clever solutions.
BTW, keep up the great work on Koffice!
Ravenhall