Re: KDE 3.0.1 debs

Am Sonntag, 26. Mai 2002 00:23 schrieb Anton Hattendorf:
Hello

> I've installed them without any problems, but when I wanted to start kde3
> (via startx) I got this:
> ---------------------------------------
> DCOPServer up and running.
> KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
> KCrash: Application Name = kded path = <unknown> pid = 7305
> KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
> KCrash: Application Name = ksplash path = <unknown> pid = 7293
> DCOP aborting call from 'anonymous-7304' to 'kded'
> ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!
> KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
> KCrash: Application Name = kcminit path = <unknown> pid = 7312
> KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
> KCrash: Application Name = knotify path = <unknown> pid = 7315
> DCOP aborting call from 'anonymous-7314' to 'knotify'
> ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!
> KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
> KCrash: Application Name = ksmserver path = <unknown> pid = 7319
> kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed
> kdeinit: sending SIGHUP to children.
> KLauncher: Exiting on signal 1
> kdeinit: sending SIGTERM to children.
> kdeinit: Exit.
> Aftes this I had removed all kde and qt packages and reinstalled kde3, but
> it still doesn't work.

I just found the reason for this problem: A broken X11 installation

I solved this problem by installing the "x-window-system" Package.

I think the problem was caused because one of this packages was not installed:
lbxproxy menu proxymngr twm x-window-system x-window-system-core xdm
xfonts-75dpi xfonts-scalable xfs xfwp xnest xprt xspecs xvfb

Bye
Anton