KDE scrollbar behaviour

One thing that has been bugging the living daylights out of me, and
which is a really horrid windows-ism, is the behaviour of scrollbars.
More specifically if you happen to move the cursor too far away from the
scrollbar the whole area that was being scrolled pops right up to
beginning again. Move the cursor closer and it returns to the correct
scrolling point.

This is deeply irritating, as I'm chronically unable to draw the mouse
down in a straight line (too much twitchy Unreal Tournament playing ;)

So, is there anything to restore sane behaviour to scrollbars, or do I
file a RFE in KDE? Or is it a QT thing?

Cheers
    Dave