kdelibs/debian: config files

Hi,

I had a look that at the debian files in kdelibs and noted that
config files will go into /etc/kde3.  AFAIU KDE 2 and KDE 3 are
'wire compatible', i.e.,  KDE 2 apps will run with KDE 3.

So /etc/kde2 and /etc/kde3 have to be in the config path
or during an upgrade of a KDE 2 package to it's KDE 3 version
the config files have to be moved to the new location.  But
I could not find the correcponding patch/script.  Do I miss
something here??

Hmm, there are no plans for parallel installation of KDE x and KDE y
so I wonder if it's not better to go back to /etc/kde and stick with
it.

Achim
                                      -- reddy@lion.austin.ibm.com