Kmail and displayed date

Here's a weird one.  We've had KDE 2.1.2 running and a bunch of Debian potato
machines for months and months with no major problems. Most all users have
been using  Kmail.  One user pointed something out to me a while ago that no
one had noticed.  There are certain email messages that have come in that
show a time/date of Wed Dec 31 18:00 1969 in the folder listing, but the date
shown in the message body itself is correct.  The common denominator is that
all of the 19 messages that exhibit this little quirk, have originated at
Yahoo.com. Not all from the same user, and the earliest actual date on a
message is 6/17/01.  Prior to that date yahoo message dates match in the
inbox list and in the message body.  It's gotta be something on Yahoo's end,
from what I can see they're using some flavor of qmail, so I wouldn't think
there is anything too funky happening there.  Or something in the sender's
mail client is whacked.  It in no way causes problems in kmail or KDE other
than if saved, those message sort to the end of the list with a 1969 date.
Just a subtle little thing that's been going on right under my nose for a
long time and I never caught it.  One of those things that makes an admin
glad someone had the foresight to invent beer.  :)