Re: [kde] setting an /opt precedent

"Eray Ozkural (exa)" <erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr> cum veritate scripsit:

> The answer I got when I asked "Why isn't /opt used in Debian ?" has always
> been "/opt violates Debian Policy".

If you are talking about random add-on packages that
is distributed from kde.org or whatever else,
that would be fine, as long as it is independent from Debian.

We, as Debian, do not use /opt.

We reserve it for third party software.

There might be a third party software which may want to install in
/opt/kde

We allow that to happen.

Please read and understand the policy, and why we have a good
reputation on not having touched /usr/local.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4