Re: Problem with libqt2?

On Friday 28 December 2001 23:27, Saadiq Rodgers-King wrote:
> apt-get install libqt2/testing

Following the above recommendation I tried just that.

tillarium:/home/tilleyrw# apt-get install libqt2/testing
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Selected version 2:2.3.1-8 (Debian:testing) for libqt2
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  amor ark artsbuilder eyesapplet fifteenapplet kab kabalone karm kasteroids
kate katomic kbabel kbackgammon
  kbattleship kblackbox kcalc kcharselect kchart kcoloredit kcron kdbg
kde-games kde-theme-liquid kde-theme-qnix
  kdeartwork-style kdebase kdebase-audiolibs kdebase-dev kdebase-libs
kdelibs-dev kdelibs3 kdelibs3-bin
  kdelibs3-crypto kdelibs3-cups kdepasswd kdepim-libs kdevelop kdevelop-data
kdf kdict kdm kedit kfind kformula
  kfract kghostview khexedit kiconedit kinkatta kit kivio kjezz kjots
kjumpingcube klines kmahjongg kmail kmines
  kmix kmoon knetfilter knewsticker knode knotes kodo koffice koffice-libs
komba2 konqueror konquest konsole
  kontour korganizer korn koshell kpackage kpaint kpat kpm kpoker kpresenter
kreversi kruler ksame kscd kscore
  kscreensaver kshisen ksirc ksirtet ksmiletris ksnake ksnapshot ksokoban
kspaceduel kspread ksysv kteatime
  ktimer ktron ktuberling ktux kugar kuser kview kwin4 kword kworldclock
libarts-mpeglib libkdegames
  libkdenetwork1 libkmid libkmid-dev libkonq-dev libkonq3 libkscan1 libqt-dev
libqtcups-dev libqutil1 libtse3
  lskat noatun noteedit qt-designer quanta secpolicy uic
The following packages will be DOWNGRADED
  libqt2
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 downgraded, 127 to remove and 0
not upgraded.
Need to get 1914kB of archives. After unpacking 183MB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

Apparently package dependencies need to be cleaned up somewhere.  I leave it
as an exercise to the reader what my choice was.
--
Comments and information are appreciated.
Flames, rants, and other miscellany are routed to /dev/null.

Robert Tilley, tilleyrw@cfl.rr.com