Re: konqueror won't display Plain Text files

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 07:43:00PM -0500, Bob Underwood wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 December 2001 18:39, Hunter Marshall wrote:
> > Konqueror will not display any file it sees as "Plain Text". I have
> > tried various combos of file association settings fortext/plain.
> >
> > Under some combos of settings, it will throw up an error dialog saying
> > something like "..., but Konqueror is not configured for text/plain"
> > or "blah.txt is a file, but a directory was expected".
> >
> > This is a testing box, dist-upgraded last week.
> >
> > Help?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > 	hunter
> >
> > ii  konqueror      2.2.1.0-6      KDE's advanced File Manager,[...deleted]
>
> I've not tried resetting associations, but on the local system, as a file
> manager, konqueror does display text files.  On line, it spawns ae (my
> default text editor).  That behavior is quite fine with me.  Using kde from
> unstable on an otherwise woody box.
>
> Control Center has the default file associations, as I'm sure you know.

Yes, I am familiar with Konqueror's EXPECTED :-) behavior as a file manager
and a web browser. That's why I am posting this since it appears something
is amiss ("a miss"???).

Anyway, thanks for the sanity check.

BTW (to everyone else), I did major google searches, debian-kde archive searches,
and a fair amount of experimentation. I did see some reference to Konq crashes,
plugins, and libc6 2.2.4 vs 2.2.1. I am reluctant to drop libc versions without
more concrete corroborating info.

Thanks all,

	hunter "looking for a new browser" marshall