Re: konqueror won't display Plain Text files

On Wednesday 26 December 2001 18:39, Hunter Marshall wrote:
> Konqueror will not display any file it sees as "Plain Text". I have
> tried various combos of file association settings fortext/plain.
>
> Under some combos of settings, it will throw up an error dialog saying
> something like "..., but Konqueror is not configured for text/plain"
> or "blah.txt is a file, but a directory was expected".
>
> This is a testing box, dist-upgraded last week.
>
> Help?
>
> Thanks
>
> 	hunter
>
> ii  konqueror      2.2.1.0-6      KDE's advanced File Manager,[...deleted]

I've not tried resetting associations, but on the local system, as a file
manager, konqueror does display text files.  On line, it spawns ae (my
default text editor).  That behavior is quite fine with me.  Using kde from
unstable on an otherwise woody box.

Control Center has the default file associations, as I'm sure you know.

bob