Re: kmail bug on AMD K6 Processors?

Am Sonntag, 16. Dezember 2001 19:19 schrieb Alec:
 > I wonder if anyone even heard of CPU-specific bugs (within the i386 tree)
> in general applications compiled by GCC/G++.

I just had a look at the [debian-devel]-archives. There is a thread where
bug 123337 is discussed and I think Ed Tomlinson raised the same
question (AMD K6 and kmail ...)

> > P.S.: For all of you who already have updated the whole kde to 2.2.2:
> > Dont try to downgrade kmail to 2.2.1, this version has deleted all old
> > mails in the mailbox of my girlfriend, no way to get them back!
>
> She must now be very impressed by "this whole Linux thingie... Well, at
> least Linux protects my Windows from those worms" :)

Yes sort of :-( Problem is she never used Windows before so she has
no comparison how "bad" things can be.... ;-)

Olaf

--
Dr. Olaf Stetzer
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe