Re: Getting started with KDE today Dec. 15, 2001

On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 10:12:16AM -0800, lloyder@canada.com wrote:
> How do I clean up all the kde packages that are
> currently installed?
> # apt-get remove kdebase
> -> looks like it is trying to install the crypto pkg still
> # dpkg --purge kdelibs3
> -> complains about the dependencies.  I was hoping that
> it would clean up all the packages dependent on it.

Not sure about the rest of your questions, but you can use apt-get to remove
a package, and it removes those packages depending on it too. Type:

apt-get remove pkgname
or
apt-get --purge remove pkgname (to purge the old config files)

> Can I force debian to grab a particular version of the
> pkgs?

I know that has to do with /etc/apt/preferences, but I don't remember
offhand what the syntax is. Anyone?

--
War means never having to take a vote.

Eric Christopherson, a.k.a. Contrarian Conlanger Rakko ^_^