midi keep killing konqueror?

In keeping with the christmas spirit, I've been trying to fetch midi files of
christmas songs and carols. The first problem I am having is konqueror wants
to open these with kmid, which does not work on my system. I've tried to
change this to timidiy, but konq still insists on using kmid. The other
problem is when I close a site that automatically loads a midi without my
permission, it kills all running konq's. This is getting a little annoying.
Has anyone else seen this problem, or is it just me?

Cheers,

	John Gay