Re: 3.0-beta1 packages

On Saturday 15 December 2001 06:02, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:

> the libarts/libkmid  packages are being done differently.  We are just
> going to use the newer stuff.  :)  If we come into trouble here then I'll
> do the same with it as I'm doing for kdelibs.

Smart approach here, I don't know if it works though. All I can say that is
new kdemultimedia requires new artsd working. There are also other things
that are incompatible such as the klauncher. I did get noatun working on
KDE2, but for a really short while, eh :)

> I have no intention of trying to get both versions of kdebase or any other
> set of packages to coexist.  I should have these packages up for dl very
> soon.

Yes, that should be the way apparently. I just fixed something that broke the
kdemultimedia build yesterday, so there is one less bug to worry about ;)

Keep up the good work,

--
Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr>