Re: KDM - Some minor buggies

>      :0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X :0 vt7  -dpi 100 -nolisten tcp
>
> Ivan (or is anyone in Debian listening?)   They also might be
> aware of a reason for leaving the vt7 out!

it's in the default config file. you probably have a modified old
version, so you don't get the new one automatically.

> OK .. It looks like afterstep (session I tried) is found and  then it
> starts up /usr/bin/x-session-manager  which is symlinked to
> /etc/alternatives/x-session-manager which is symlinked to kde2

hmm. x-session-manger is only a symlink to a concrete manager. so if it
gets executed in the first place (instead of the selected session), it's
already a problem.
at best, you send me the session log. the sh output is sometimes hard to
understand.

> Is there any way to put back either the CTRL-R (probably from xdm
> days) or the 'return to system console' which was in KDE 2.1 KDM and
> is not in KDE 2.2 KDM?

yes ... once more you must edit Xservers:
:0 local@tty1 [...]

> I do use the ALT-Fn keys but I don't think they are active during KDM
> Login.

ALT-CTRL-Fn - as always, when a console-grabbing application is running
(that is, X-server, dosemu in native vga mode, etc.).

greetings

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.