Re: Sound

On Wednesday 12 December 2001 04:02 pm, Tom Allison wrote:
> phy>
>
> I used to have kaudio.
>
> I upgraded to whatever went into testing (2.2.1?) and now I have no sound.
>
> Technically, I have sound, but I have nothing KDE-ish to control it
> with.  No thing in the menu and nothing to select from the packages.
> According the dselect, I already have kaudio installed -- but there's
> nothing in the menus to sound config.
>
> It's really quiet - I would love to be able to turn it up.

    Tom,

I did a woody install too, and noted the lack of kmix.  You can either
install kmix (if it will) or pull another mixer from debian.  I like kmix but
aumix also works well.  apt-get install aumix

Best of luck

--

Jaye Inabnit\ARS ke6sls\/A GNU-Debian linux user\/ http://www.qsl.net/ke6sls
If it's stupid, but works, it ain't stupid. I SHOUT JUST FOR FUN.