KDM - Some minor buggies

Greetings,

I have been running KDE and KDM for a while on multiple environments.
My specific problems  are  with KDM 2.2.2-6 running on KDE 2.2.2 on
Woody (apt-gotten daily) with Kernel  2.4.7 and XFree86 4.1.0.1:

1) When KDM is started upon boot, the keyboard is frozen for entry
of password.  If the X-Server is restarted then KDM accepts passwords.
This same behavior occurs on my Potato system (2.19, XFree  3.36, KDE
2.1).   KDM works AOK (for password entry) on my Mandrake 8.1 system
and my Redmond Linux system (Caldera).

2)  I am unable to invoke other window managers from the KDM window.
Whenever I try to invoke afterstep or sawfish or fvwm KDE always
starts.  I prefer KDE to the other environments.  Invoking other window
managers works on the KDM/KDE Mandrake  8.1 system.

As the subject says these are minor buggies but if there are any
solutions for Woody, I would appreciate it as Woody is my main OS!

Michael Hoodes         http://www.hoodes.com            Seattle, WA