Re: bug reporting behavior

On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 07:15:39PM +0200, Eray Ozkural (exa) wrote:
> It looks like the bug reporting dialog now points to bugs.debian.org. Is that
> really what we want? For KDE programs, I would tend to think that packaging
> bugs would be suitable for bugs.debian.org but KDE has itself a BTS for
> reporting application/system bugs. Why was this change made? I'd at least
> like to have the option to report to KDE BTS.

How do you know who's responsible?  You don't.  Too many bug reports are
going to KDE that are not KDE's problem thus wasting their time.  Filtering
them through Debian (they are Debian packages after all) is the proper
thing to do.  You can still report bugs to KDE by going to http://bugs.kde.org
which is what the bug report tool does anyway.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II