Re: kmail - local mailbox - feeling dumb

On Saturday 01 December 2001 09:50 am, Hank Marquardt wrote:
> This is an unstable box, brand new user, no garbage or baggage to mung
> things up -- fire up kmail, it does it's configuration for first time
> use -- fine, now there's an address book and Mail directory.  I went to
> Configure KMail -> Network "added" the local mailbox as /var/mail/$user
> told it to use mutt dotlocks, turned on interval checking and saved ...
>
> Tell it to check mail, nothing ... pull down the menu for "Check mail
> here" and select the local name... nothing.   There is mail, I've sent
> it, I get the shell 'New mail in /var/mail/$user' on shell login.

    Hank:

I also had issues with local mail, and my own experience is lame so I checked
each one individually.

Firstly, my mail lives in:       /var/spool/mail/jaye

That might be an issue for you too.

Next, all the mail chks failed except:      Mutt dotlock (privileged)
The (recommended) didn't work here on my Testing Woody box.

hth

tatah
--

Jaye Inabnit\ARS ke6sls\/A GNU-Debian linux user\/ http://www.qsl.net/ke6sls
If it's stupid, but works, it ain't stupid. I SHOUT JUST FOR FUN.