kdevelop problem with libjpeg.la

On Friday 30 November 2001 01:39, Sheldon Lee-Wen wrote:

> > I've got /usr/lib/libjpeg.a but what is libjpeg.la? I can not  find any
> > reference to .la libs anywhere? Is there something wrong with kdevelop's
> > settings? I thought libs were either .a for static or .so for shared. But
> > then I also screwed up my libs so I guess that shows how much I know
> > about programming.
>
> Do you have the following packages installed?
>
>   libjpeg62
>   libjpeg62-dev

progeny:/home/jgay# dpkg -l libjpeg*
uppercase=bad)
un  libjpeg-dev    <none>         (no description available)
un  libjpeg-gif    <none>         (no description available)
pn  libjpeg-mmx-de <none>         (no description available)
pn  libjpeg-mmx-pr <none>         (no description available)
ii  libjpeg-progs  6b-1.3         Programs for manipulating jpeg files
ii  libjpeg62      6b-1.3         The Independent JPEG Group's JPEG runtime li
ii  libjpeg62-dev  6b-1.3         Development files for the IJG JPEG library [
un  libjpeg6b      <none>         (no description available)
un  libjpegg-dev   <none>         (no description available)
progeny:/home/jgay#

I.E. yes to both. Should I install any of the others?

> (you probably have the first since you have libjpeg.a)

Cheers,

	John Gay