Re: DCOP errors and libkdeui errors

On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 02:50:43PM +0000, John Gay wrote:
[snip]
> requests for info or help as been greeted by silence. I've spent over a
> week now trying to get KDE running again, but I guess I'll have to give
> up on KDE and just get used to Gnome.

Fine. Have fun.

Or... perhaps the silence is because no one has experienced the same
problem you're describing, and many are loathe to jump in with nothing
to say. Me, no fear <grin>.

Occasionally I have had problems tracking KDE, and have had to try to
fix it using some of the methods you're describing (removing all user
.kde and .kderc stuff, etc, etc.) Let me tell you that I am successfully
running KDE 2.2.2 on my workstation and laptop NOW. So it does work. Why
yours doesn't???

I presume you're running Sid? or is it Woody, with KDE packages from
Sid? I haven't seen that you said.

This is one of the "problems" with these extensive desktop enviroments -
they get deeply entangled in the system - a borked package is hard to
root out. Have you considered backing up your data, and installing
fresh. I know, that's a redmondian solution, but you are running
unstable packages, so ... ?

best of luck,

.brian

PS: Re message from Justin Miller about kio_fish. THANKS! I didn't know
that existed. It rocks. Makes a number of ops easier for me. .b

--
Brian Bilbrey             "The ships hung in the sky in
bilbrey@orbdesigns.com     much the same way that bricks don't."