Re: hanging in konqueror -> libqt broken

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 05:22:32PM +0100, Franz Keferboeck wrote:
> On Monday 19 November 2001 09:23, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> > Moreover, the euro support works again with this downgrad !
>
> It works, but downgrading is not a solution! Can anybody tell _why_ we're
> facing that problem? (ok. it's qt. but __why__?). I had to downgrade as well,
> now i can't do a proper upgrade anymore cause of unmet dependencies. Has
> there been an error with building the qt-packages, or are they a priory not
> capable with this KDE-code???
> I'm willing to help on building a solution, but first someone has to find the
> root of the problem (and this does in NO way address Ivan, I really
> appreceate his work; he does more than we can all expect of anyone...THANX!).
> I didn't build debs yet, but i'm about to learn...

Because QT doesn't know how to keep from breaking things when they
release a bug fix version.  :)

I have downgraded the Debian version to 2.3.1.  2.3.2 is just way too
buggy and being this close to freeze/release/etc I'm not going to futz with
it.  2.3.1 works quite well and if a 2.3.3 version get's released and
actually works we'll consider it if it's in time.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II