Re: unstable KDE situation? TESTING

On Monday 19 November 2001 02:14 pm, James Lindenschmidt wrote:
> Magnus von Koeller Spoke Thusly:
> >
> > On Monday 19 November 2001 22:52, James Lindenschmidt wrote:
> > > I am running pure unstable, with KDE 2.1. I know that KDE 2.2 is
> > > currently making its way into unstable. I'm looking forward to
> > > upgrading, but I can't afford a complete KDE crash and burn at the
> > > moment.
> > >
> > > Is it safe to upgrade? I know it takes 10 days for the packages to
> > > clear.
> >
> > Are you talking about testing? Because KDE 2.2 is already in unstable
> > (packages get there immediately ...). Did you mean you're running
> > testing?
>
> Yes. Sorry. Brain cramp. I meant "testing" not "unstable."

I moved over to the 2.2 version in testing and had two problems:

 - kmail was broken (see earlier mail)

 - the qt libs made konqueror a bit wobbly

Both of these (with some help from this list) turned out to be easy to fix
with a bit of package fiddling, but it's not yet a completely no-stress
transition.

- Derek