Problem Adding A Printer To KDE

I am adding my wife's HP DeskJet 672C printer with the Printing Manager from
KDE 2.2.1.

I can see the printer on the network attached to my wife's shared drive.
When I add it I then desire to test the added printer, and so I click Test.

A dialog pops up saying "The access to the requested resource on the CUPS
server running on localhost (port 631) requires a password."  The username
field field contains my logged in username.  When I enter my login password
it dialog comes back with the same response, so that's not right.

How do I specify (or check on) the password to my CUPS server?

Thank you!
--
Comments and information are appreciated.
Flames, rants, and other miscellany are routed to /dev/null.

Robert Tilley, tilleyrw@cfl.rr.com