Re: Upgraded to 2.2 - mail now broken

On Thursday 15 November 2001 14:23, Paulo José da Silva e Silva wrote:
> 063900.15922@chien
>
> Hello,
>
> I had upgrade my kde to 2.2 from unstable something like 4 weeks ago. At
> the beggining I had the very same problem as you (some, apparently
> randomly, e-mails appeared not to have headers). The reason was that kmail
> wasn't upgraded.
>
> Everything worked fine after I upgraded kmail (I didn't delete any index
> files). Maybe you will have to wait till the new kmail (2.2.1) appears in
> testing.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Paulo

    Greetings:

I also ran into this problem with the first parts of 2.2.1 that showed up in
testing without getting all of kde.  Mail was *very* broken, and it wouldn't
even check mail (it would fail every time).  I got hundreds of *unknown*
emails also, but not all of them!  I can't even fathom why!  I think we have
to wait several more days before the rest of kde will come in from unstable
(last I read here).

BTW, I ended up completely wacking the .kde directory after backup and
removing *all* kde stuff and trying over... Finally, I recieved word that it
was broken for testing and switched to blackbox.  I never deleted any of my
index files and kept my ~/Mail directory intacted locally.  Still, *always*
very good idea to backup stuff.

Good luck to you.

Tatah

--

Jaye Inabnit\ARS ke6sls\/A GNU-Debian linux user\/ http://www.qsl.net/ke6sls
If it's stupid, but works, it ain't stupid. I SHOUT JUST FOR FUN.