Re: status of 2.2.1

On Thursday 15 November 2001 01:54, G. L. `Griz' Inabnit wrote:
> 	Nope. But he's got a number of packages done. Yer isolated. Sure enough.
>
> 	Yes Jaye, there IS a Santa Clause! And not only that, yer box has already
> been updated (ain't big bros handy?) and NO, yer NOT running a full 2.2.x
> system. Ivan (bless that man) is still working with the upstream people,
> and his own boxes to get the packages all updated. But you've got SOME of
> them.
>
> :--)
>
>  kate           2.2.1.0-6
>  kbattleship    2.2.0-final-2
>  kdecarddecks   2.2.0-final-2
>  kdelibs3       2.2.1-14
>  kdelibs3-crypt 2.2.1-11
>  kdelibs3-cups  2.2.1-14
>  kdessh         2.2.1-1.2
>  kdewallpapers  2.2.1.0-6
>  klines         2.2.0-final-2
>  konqueror      2.2.1.0-6
>  konsole        2.2.1.0-6
>  kscreensaver   2.2.1
> .0-6
>  ktimer         2.2.1-1.4
>
> 	So, that's where yer at now. Most everything should work well now. Enjoy
> it.
>
> > tia

I noticed the new KDE2.2 packages in the testing tree. Currently I'm running
testing with the unstable KDE packages, thanks to plenty of help getting the
two to co-operate on my system. I was hoping that with KDE2.2 finally
starting to migrate into testing to remove the unstable references in my
sources.list and stay sync'd with testing.

Does anyone know if this could lead to problems, or can apt keep things
straight for me?

I have not done a proper dist-upgrade since I suceeded in getting the
unstable packages to install because my system now wants to install many
non-kde related packages from unstable, hence my desire to return to a pure
testing platform as soon as the archives catch up with what I currently have
from unstable now.

Thanks again for all the work and effort that everyone has put into packaging
KDE for Debian and all the help with my preferences and sources.list to
getting KDE2.2.1 running for me in the first place!

Cheers,

	John Gay