Re: KDE & euro

On Sunday 11 November 2001 20:41, Walter Hofmann wrote:

> If I open the font selection dialog and select an iso8859-15 font I
> can enter the Euro-sign in the example area of the font selection
> dialog and it works there!
> However, if I click on "OK" the font gets selected, but I cannot
> enter the Euro sign (I get question marks).

Is Personalization->Country&Layout->Locale->Charset (Persönliche
Einstellungen->Land&Sprache->Regionales->Zeichensatz) set to
"iso8859-15" in kcontrol?

> I noticed that there is a "Kodierung" (german) entry in the menu
> with a single selection: Lokal. Could this be the problem? What is
> this "Kodierung" submenu good for, and how can I add more entries
> to it?

According to the documentation of konsole, Settings->Codec
(Einstellungen->Kodierung) is not implemented yet. I'm also not sure
what it'll be good for, if it ever gets implemented.

Jan