Re: KDE & euro

Jan Bretschneider schrieb am Sunday, den 11. November 2001:

> If my /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/de contains the lines
>
>  key <AD03> {        [         e,    E               ],
>                      [  EuroSign,    cent            ]       };
>
> AltGr+e and AltGr+E work without `echo "keycode ..."` (see above).

My /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/de has the lines
  key <AD03> {        [         e,    E               ],
                      [  EuroSign,                    ]       };
in it, so I expect that I don't have to change anything here (I can get
¢ with AltGr-c.)

If I open the font selection dialog and select an iso8859-15 font I can
enter the Euro-sign in the example area of the font selection dialog and
it works there!
However, if I click on "OK" the font gets selected, but I cannot enter
the Euro sign (I get question marks).

I noticed that there is a "Kodierung" (german) entry in the menu with a
single selection: Lokal. Could this be the problem? What is this
"Kodierung" submenu good for, and how can I add more entries to it?

Walter